Sunday, January 18, 2009

Scripture of the Week

We are a Catholic family. Celery is cradle Catholic. I am not. I would call myself a convert, but it isn't quite the right way to call my journey to Catholicism as I celebrated all my Rites with the church as an adult and didn't consider myself much of anything growing up other than very God-fearing. But that's another post on another day. :)


One thing that Celery didn't do and I have never done is Scripture Memorization.

My girls have a love of the Lord and a love of memorization. So what a gift to have them begin memorizing scripture quotes. I know some families have begun much earlier than I. But that is okay.

We began last week with Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Who knew memorization of God's word could be so much fun, especially with Butternut sharing how she could do "most" things. It made me giggle each time she did that as she learned her verse.

Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."

What is your favorite verse?

Mine, of course, is at the top of my blog and the first scripture my girls have learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment