Saturday, January 3, 2009

I hate computers!

I had this lovely post all ready. And this wonderful blog is so nice, to auto-save for you.

Well I was highlighting this lovely little article--when the darn thing...went to white. It deleted. Then the blog decided it was the perfect time to auto-save. EEEK!

No control-z to fix it. Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I know Hate is such a strong word...but I am convinced they design these things to break on purpose. It didn't work for the car industry, but the computer industry has consumers so convinced that they need the latest and greatest. Surely my screen blip isn't my laptop's fault or error. But I shall pretend that it is. As anything computer related--MUST be the comptuer's fault. Right?

So now we shall chat about my laptop. It is about 3 years old now. That is ancient in computer land. Little Alfalfa Sprout has popped off several keys. That isn't the computer's fault of course. That would be my fault for not closing the laptop. But the manufacturer designed it that way. Who in their right mine designs stuff that Alfalfa Sprout can break? Geesh. Is it too much to ask for the keys to not be so...pop-friendly?

It is slow--but that is attributed to all the junk I have on here. My desktop is full of icons. I have no proper organization of my directories, so I save stuff to my desktop that I don't think I will remember where I put them. My desktop is FULL of these icons. Occasionally Mr. Laptop asks me if I'd like to relocate some unused icons to the trash bin. I'm sure it is trying to be helpful. But I still say, "Thank you, computer, but leave my icons alone!"

Then my bookmarks, they are quite...numerous.

For example, tonight--I couldn't even find my blog in my favorites. It takes about 30 seconds to scroll through the list. Then I remembered, I stuck it in a folder at the top. Duh--so I wouldnt' have to scroll and could find it.

Last night, I spent a good 20 minutes making folders and sorting and deleting some links to make the list shorter and more organized. I think it will take me--24-48 hours. I have so many links. I bookmark ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. I've got stuff regarding ovulation, pregnancy progress, my temporary adventures into raw foods, I even found some Schoolhouse rocks stuff I forgot about. I have a link to Larabar, SampleLesson2 (no idea what they are teaching here..I could click, but I don't want to make this post turn white by mistake), and a website dedicated to 70's nostalgia that I resourced for a Bunko night once. Wow--quite the strange collection and totally in need of some...editing.

Okay--not what I had planned for this evening, but it shall have to do. And I didn't spell check. So I do apologize. My ADHD brain sometimes works faster than I can type and even though I know my uses for to, too, two, know, no and any other homonym--it doesn't always translate to the correct word.

So if you spot a mistake, it is the laptop's fault. That's my story and I am sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment