Saturday, August 22, 2009

Weekend Fluff: Week 2, Saturday/Sunday

Weekend:


Kids did a whole lot of nothing on Saturday. A re-watching of the new "Witch Mountain" movie remake. There are more words in the title. It is sci-fi. That's as much as I can remember. They played on their Webkinz and Ty Beanie Baby Land on-line games. I think at one point puppies may have been tended to on a Nintendo DS. Daddy saw some sci-fi movie at the movie theater with his friend/co-worker. I think it is District 9. I think I should get a cookie since I think that is indeed the correct title.

I went to see Julie & Julia. I rather enjoyed the movie. I came straight home (via the grocery store for some boring groceries) and got onto our library web site. I then proceeded to order/hold a DVD of Julia Child's cooking shows, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, and her book about living in France which I am highly looking forward to reading. The good news is--I'm first in line on the DVD. The bad news--I am #10 on the waiting list for one of the books and #3 on the other. But I can be patient! (Those who know me would laugh at this point, but I'm about tapped out on my Barnes and Noble budget.)

We did not do ANY school this weekend. Though I hope to incorporate our Read Alouds throughout the week. My kids shut down and just want to play all day long and do nothing that resembles school work on Saturdays. I can't say that I blame them. It's like having homework ALL...DAY...LONG!! Okay--this would be hyperbole! I do let them break for meals and potty breaks and to go to bed. HA!

Sunday is Mass and I am not sure what in the world we will do after that. The girls will get paid their meager commissions (This is in lieu of allowance as they have learned in their Junior FPU storybooks by Dave Ramsey.) I say meager when it isn't THAT bad. However--they didn't do all their tasks. This means their plans of purchasing the planned items won't happen unless we hit a 90% off sale. Hopefully the life lesson that you get paid for doing work will sink in sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment