Thursday, March 19, 2009

So not homeschool related: Running of the Brides

No it isn't a road race--it is a race to grab as many dresses off the rack as you can and covet them until the bride in your party has tried each one on. The non-contenders are then used for bartering with other Brides who don't like their chosen dresses until by chance you find THE one--and a small fraction of a very designer and non-frugalicious original retail value.

They did not have these (that I was aware of) when I was planning my nuptials 11 years ago. My sister-in-law has recently gotten engaged and we are off like a Running of the Bulls through a department store that usually does not sell Bridal Gowns.

And I cannot wait!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR4iex16Ics

I'll have to let you know how it goes. My little veggies will not be in the running. They will be with Celery on his birthday at his brother's house while the girls are off running.

But he gets to play with his new Wii Fit. So he'll have fun anyway with a house full of children while the moms and the sister in law are off being crazy little school girls trying to get a New Kids on the Block Concert Ticket (the first time in the early 90s--I am not a repeat offender!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi I am Elli hayes ! ( Shannon hayes girl ) I know your 2 little girls from "Mtm" I have a blog too is called Esther attitude blogspot. com ! Hope you wiil chek it out ! ,
    Elli H :-)

    ReplyDelete